Get an understanding of how easily and securely you can move databases onto the cloud, understand how the AWS Schema Conversion tool works and learn how the AWS Database Migration service supports both homogenous and heterogeneous migrations.
- Self-Paced Learning
- 180 days of access to high-quality, self-paced learning content designed by industry experts
For business/Corporate training solutions
- Blended learning delivery model (self-paced e-learning and/or instructor-led options)
- Course, category, and all-access pricing
- Enterprise-class learning management system (LMS)
- Enhanced reporting for individuals and teams
- 24x7 teaching assistance and support
- 3 hours of self-paced learning
- 5 live demos
- 1 hands-on practice project
What is the focus of this course?
AWS Database Migration Service is an innovative service that helps you easily migrate your databases to the AWS cloud. This course will demonstrate the key functionality of AWS Database Migration Service and will help you understand how to easily and securely move databases into the AWS cloud platform to take advantage of the cost savings and scalability of AWS. You will also learn how the AWS Database Migration Service supports both homogenous and heterogeneous migrations and will see a demonstration of a SQL Server to MySQL database migration.
What are the course objectives?
The main objectives of this course are:
- Get an overview of AWS DMS
- Understand how the AWS Schema Conversion tool works
- Understand the three types of AWS Database Migration Service
- Review the AWS Database Migration Service
Who should take this course?
- AWS absolute beginners
- SysOps professionals
What project will you be working on?
As part of the coursework, you will complete the following project based on the industry use case. Project #1: Migrate SQL Server database to MySQL using AWS DMS
- Domain: Development
- Install AWS Schema Conversion Tool
- Use AWS Schema Conversion Tool to verify migration efforts
- Fix migration issues
- Verify that the Database Assessment report is clean
- Use AWS Schema Conversion Tool to apply converted schema to MySQL
- Configure AWS DMS for the database migration
- Run the SQL Server to MySQL database migration
- Verify the migration was successful
This school offers programs in:
Last updated November 23, 2017