What are the objectives of this course?
The course is designed to promote basic awareness of health and safety best practice in the workplace. Upon completion of the course, students will sit an exam which they will need to pass to gain certification. The exam consists of 10 multiple choice questions and a hazard spotting exercise.
- Recognise the need to work safely.
- Take preventative action and implement precautionary measures so as to not put themselves or others at risk.
- Recognise the importance of taking the appropriate precautions to prevent any health and safety issues from arising in the workplace.
- Use appropriate workplace precautions and preventative measures in order to create a healthy, safe and sustainable working environment.
- Understand emergency procedures and accident plans in their place of work and ensure that individual responsibilities are clearly understood in the event of a health and safety incident.
- Appreciate how industry affects the environment and list the ways in which individuals can minimise pollution and waste.
Who is it intended for?
This course is for any employee working within an organisation, it is especially suited to those who are looking to upskill and show their understanding of their own health and safety responsibilities with a recognised certification.
There are no pre-requisites for this course.
What marks this course apart?
Once students have passed the IOSH Working Safely qualification they can apply for a CSCS green Labourer card, they can also study further health and safety qualifications. They will be able to function in any manual construction roles that demand a recognised health and safety certificate.
What happens after requesting information?
Once you have enquired you will be contacted by one of our specialist careers advisors who will be able to provide you with any further information you require.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 18, 2018