Who is the course for?
- Anyone that has an interest in learning more about the graphic design process.
- A career in graphic design is open to graduates of any design-related discipline, for example, 3D design, communication design, photography, illustration or visual art, but a specific graphic design degree will be the most useful.
- This course is available to all learners, from all academic backgrounds.
- Good understanding of English language, numeracy and ICT are required to attend this course.
- At the end of the course, you will be required to sit an online multiple-choice test. Your test will be assessed automatically and immediately so that you will instantly know whether you have been successful.
- Before sitting for your final exam you will have the opportunity to test your proficiency with a mock exam.
- After you have successfully passed the test, you will be able to obtain an Accredited Certificate of Achievement. You can however also obtain a Course Completion Certificate following the course completion without sitting for the test. Certificates can be obtained either in hard copy at a cost of £39 or in PDF format at a cost of £24.
Why choose us?
- Affordable, engaging & high-quality e-learning study materials;
- Tutorial videos/materials from the industry leading experts;
- Study in a user-friendly, advanced online learning platform;
- Efficient exam systems for the assessment and instant result;
- The UK & internationally recognized accredited qualification;
- Access to course content on mobile, tablet or desktop from anywhere anytime;
- The benefit of applying for NUS Extra Discount Card;
- 24/7 student support via email.
Advanced Theory Semester
Week 1: Colour Theory Advanced
In week 1, students will be guided through the different science and concepts of colors like Chroma, Value and Saturation and the difference between each of them. Students will also be taught on how to create colour schemes on their own. The concepts taught in this week will be essential for most of the design projects.
Week 2: Adobe Photoshop Essentials
This lesson will guide students through all the features of Adobe Photoshop. It will also introduce all the tools Adobe Photoshop contains and the subcategories within each tool.
Week 3: Blend Models And Filters
Filters in Adobe Photoshop are provided to fit every genre of creative work. This lesson will dig deep into all kinds of filters to fully grasp the creative power of Adobe Photoshop.
Week 4: Logo Design Rules
This lesson will instill the best practices of logo Design and how to avoid the common mistakes in creating logos. It will also introduce the principles of Gestalt Theory and what makes a logo work.
Professional Creation Semester
Week 1: Creating Infographics
Infographics are designed to convey a message faster to its audience. Infographics are usually filled with numbers and if in written form, they are easily overlooked. That’s why in image form; it is designed to stick into it’s intended audience’s mind. This lesson will discuss the best strategies for designing infographics and how to create them in Adobe Illustrator.
Week 2: Understanding Grid Theory
All designers need to get a firm grasp of grid theory in order to create great designs. This lesson will introduce students to grid theory and how they help in holding designs together. It will also discuss the purpose and common practice in grid theory.
Week 3: Creating Portfolio
This lesson will help students understand the need for creating portfolios and the common practices of creating one along with the steps on how to create a portfolio from scratch. It will also introduce all the layout types that can be tweaked to create an attractive portfolio.
Week 4: Creative CV
Graphic Design can be used to create a unique and creative CV which stands out from all the other applications for the same job. In this lesson, we will delve into some of those techniques used in Design and some of the most creative ways to create a CV.
Week 1: Branding And Packaging
Branding and Packing is a vital element of all manufacturing businesses. This lesson will show you the ropes of using graphic design as means to do branding and packaging for businesses. With help of Adobe packages, the lessons in this week will guide students to create beautiful artwork to help business with their branding and packaging.
Week 2: Typography Advanced
This lesson will guide you on how to use typography as an asset in your graphic design work. It will show you how to create your own custom font and how to edit existing fonts to help the designs stand out in everything you create.
Week 3: Idea Generation And Development
Going from an idea to a masterpiece seems a challenge for most of the designers. In this lesson, we will tackle this problem and show you step-by-step on how to generate your ideas until you put the finishing touch on your design.
Week 4: Career Advice
The last week will be dedicated to helping you with the transition from being a student to getting a job for a graphic designing post or starting a freelance career from the comfort of your home. We will go through details of what you need to know and become in order to be qualified for any post in a graphic design career.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated June 8, 2018