Agribusiness, Food Processing & Retail
In 2018, a bachelor’s or master’s degree is not enough to secure a job. The job market is increasingly saturated with graduates unable to deliver value to a business. Their education has not prepared them to make the transition to work.
This Alt-MBA changes that, with practical learning, one-to-one industry coaching and work experience as standard. Don’t fall in with the crowd; stand out with the Alt-MBA and access a jobs market you didn’t know existed.
Companies across the entire food chain are seeking professional talent that is equipped to solve their business challenges; increasingly they are understanding that the graduates of today are not able to transition directly into work.
Have you finished your degree? Looking to build a successful, purposeful professional career?
If so, this Alt-MBA is for you.
Alt-MBA is designed to fill the vacant agribusiness management graduate positions which companies are currently unable to recruit for each year. We have carefully crafted a blend of expert knowledge, business soft-skills, and a work placement, to make sure that you will find work.
- Up-to-date relevant learning material
- Work experience placement included
- Help to find a job on completion
- Learn in your own time
To be accepted for this program, you must fit the following criteria:
- Agri, Science or Engineering final year undergraduate or graduate
- Or BBA (any discipline)
- Or General MBA students and graduates
- 12 hours commitment per week (flexible)
- Interested to work in Food, Agri or Retail sector
How The Alt-MBA Works
1. Apply Today
You will be invited for a telephone interview.
2. Improve Your Skills
Improve your skills with online courses and on-site workshops.
3. 8 Week Internship
Gain work experience in a small/medium sized business.
4. Get The Job
Agribusiness Academy will help you find suitable positions on completion.
The structure of the Alt-MBA is designed to move graduates into employment.
- 8 months of learning in 8 modules (Part-time study)
- 2 months of in-company internship (Full-time)
- 2 months for finalizing the study and getting placed
- Access to monthly face-to-face workshops organized
- Access to career days organized in August 2019 and September 2019
Our Slack community will be open and active every day during the eight-month period. The mentors and learning managers are always there to support.
In order to gain certification:
- 6 assignments submitted and evaluated
- 1 project + online defence
Upon successful completion, we will assist you with your search for a job.
The Alt-MBA contains eight modules, each covering a different part of the Agri, Food & Retail sector.
- Module 1: Foundation of Management
- Module 2: Food and Agribusiness Supply Chains
- Module 3: Circular Food Chains
- Module 4: Horticulture Business Studies
- Module 5: Food Processing Business Studies
- Module 6: Food Retail
- Module 7: Data Analytics
- Module 8: Agtech Business Studies
The modules will each take one month to complete. There is also a Soft Skills session in each module, to help you improve your business communication, research and presentation skills.
Month 9 & 10 of the Alt-MBA is the internship arranged at one of the Agribusiness Academy’s industry partner companies.
During Month 11 & 12, you will complete a presentation on your internship and begin to make a transition to employment. We expect many learners to move into full-time positions with their internship company.
Locations and Start Dates
- Start Date: 20th September 2018
- Workshop Locations: Pune, Warangal, Nagpur, Bengaluru, Chennai, and Trivandrum
- Start Date: 27th September 2018
- Workshop Location: Amsterdam
- Start Date: 4th October 2018
- Workshop Locations: Birmingham and Newcastle
- Start Date: 11th October 2018
- Workshop Location: Boston, MA
Program taught in: