The Associate of Arts in General Studies (AAGS) program is the first step toward gaining the knowledge and skills needed to achieve professional goals and increase marketability. The general studies online degree prepares learners for entry in a bachelor’s degree program.
The Associate of Arts in General Studies program provides a foundation of skills in a variety of general education and liberal arts that are applicable in various fields. The attainment of an Associate’s Degree meets the needs of adult students to prepare them for professional opportunities or higher degree levels. The AAGS is also an important milestone for students’ educational goals.
Programme Competencies and Learning Objectives
- Demonstrate proficiency in English and Communication Skills
- Display positive attitudes in human relationship in a multicultural and diverse environment
- Demonstrate an understanding of theory and application of general education concepts
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of professional ethics that apply to personal and business decisions
- Possess basic skills and knowledge of computers and apply the tools with confidence
- Demonstrate their role in business and society
General Studies Courses
- BUS 215 Business Communications
- BUS 225 Fundamentals of Business Ethics
- ECO 215 Survey of Economics
The Associate of Arts in Business Administration program requires the completion of 60 units of coursework that include:
General Education Courses: 51 Units / 17 Courses
California Intercontinental University uses elements of the Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC) to determine the breadth of requirements for general education courses. In making this determination, courses that are recognized by IGETC that are not offered by California Intercontinental University may be considered for a waiver of certain General Education courses.
General Studies Courses: 9 Units / 3 Courses
In alignment with the Liberal Education and America’s Promise (LEAP) program, students can demonstrate multidisciplinary knowledge through the transfer of courses or students may also elect to fulfil the unit mandate by taking the general studies courses or any other undergraduate courses offered by California Intercontinental University.
In addition to the preliminary admissions requirements, an applicant for the Associate’s degree program must submit and meet the following admission prerequisites:
- Official transcript showing the completion of a high school diploma or GED, (with no college-level work). DD 214 documents showing High School completion may be accepted as proof for military students.
- If the applicant has completed some approved postsecondary college work, a sealed copy of his/her official transcripts will be required (no verification of HS completion will be needed in this case)
- The applicant’s college academic record must show a minimum grade point average (GPA) of C (2.0 on a scale of 4.0) or higher
The Associate of Arts Degree is conferred upon those who have fulfilled the following requirements:
- Successfully complete the GE, Required, and Emphasis courses of the appropriate curriculum (or their equivalent) and have fulfilled the minimal required Learning Time for each course and program
- Met the study time residency requirement for degree completion and award
- Achieve at least 2.0 Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) for all courses taken at California Intercontinental University
- Be cleared of all indebtedness and other obligations to California Intercontinental University prior to degree award
- Be recommended for graduation by the Faculty and Academic Department
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 16, 2018