The ASCS offers courses for students who are high school graduates or have passed the General Educational Development (GED) test, and who perhaps have completed some courses either at an appropriately accredited college or in the armed forces.
The ASCS program requires the successful completion of 60-semester credit hours of instruction at the lower level (freshman and sophomore years), including a minimum of 15-semester credit hours of general education courses.
The core studies include both practical and theoretic courses. General education courses are included that are designed to broaden a student's educational foundation. They include courses in such areas as communications, English, government, history, psychology, sociology, mathematics, and statistics.
The ASCS provides a strong foundation in computer science and related disciplines for students entering the BSCS program.
ASCS Programme Objectives
Upon successful completion of the program, students will be able to:
- Apply design and development principles and methods to software design
- Demonstrate programming skills to the internet, web, and computer applications
- Apply principles and techniques of database design and tools for the management of database and information systems
- Operate effectively in a team and business environment
ASCS Core Courses
- CST 110 Management Information Systems
- CST 120 Programme Logic and Design
- CST 125 Internet and Web Programming
- CST 222 Programming in Java
- MATH 210 Finite Mathematics and Calculus I
- MATH 211 Finite Mathematics and Calculus II
- MGT 100 Introduction to Business
- MGT 275 e-Commerce
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 26, 2018