What do marketing professionals really do? How can you use marketing in non-commercial contexts for social good? What new challenges and opportunities arise on the online and global stage?
In this specialist route available in our BA (Honours) Business Management (Q91) degree, you will develop an interdisciplinary perspective on the management of business organisations and build specialised knowledge and skills in marketing practice. On completion of this degree, you will be equipped with the necessary skills to use and apply marketing techniques and concepts in the workplace and will acquire a wide range of transferable management skills.
Key features of the course
- Develops your ability to apply and evaluate marketing theories and techniques
- Explores and analyses the interdisciplinary nature of business management, and the role of marketing management and management professionals in organisations and society
- Helps you relate your studies to your own experience
- Equips you with a wide range of employment opportunities across all sectors
There are no formal entry requirements to study this qualification.
Within the BA (Honours) Business Management there is the option to study a mathematics module. Whether that module is right for you will depend on your experience and confidence with mathematics.
Skills for career development
This degree course will help you develop a broad set of skills that are of high value to employers, including the ability to:
- understand key business functions such as marketing, human resources, information management, accounting and finance, and operations in their wider organisational and social context
- put together reasoned arguments and question assumptions
- draw together, analyse and critically evaluate information
- understand the nature of leadership skills and behaviours within organisations
- communicate effectively, clearly and accurately with others
- use ICT to research, identify and present information
- manage time and take responsibility for your own personal development.
The skills and knowledge you’ll develop by studying this degree will equip you to follow a number of career paths and are recognised by employers as having great value for work in management and business. A qualification in business management can lead to opportunities in a wide range of areas such as:
- middle and senior management positions across all sectors
- advertising and marketing
- human resources
- banking, including investment banking
- sales and retail
- management consultancy
- business journalism
- transport and logistics.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 22, 2018