Online Management Degree
The online management degree provides students with the skills that support personal and professional goals. The online management program emphasizes the importance of planning, organizing, leading and controlling. The convenient eight-week format allows the busy adult time to balance work and personal life along with furthering their education.
Why the Online Management Programme?
Management skills are necessary for every organisation. Students gain knowledge of the broad concepts concerning how individuals and organizations function, and some of the decision-making tools that managers use in business settings. Online management students examine management decision making at various levels of the organisation, from high-level strategic decisions to day-to-day operations and human resources issues.
Flexible Course Format
Courses are delivered entirely online using the course management system BlackBoard. All courses for the online BBA are offered over an eight week period. Many students choose to take two courses during each eight-week session.
Students should consider graduate studies leading toward:
Study of the four major management functions of planning, organizing, leading and controlling prepares online students to succeed in a variety of personal and professional pursuits including:
- Non-profit Organizations
McKendree University requires a minimum of 120 credit hours for online degree completion. 40 hours must be at the 300 or 400 level and a minimum of 30 hours with McKendree. Students must fulfil the general education requirements.
- Management Communications
- Organizational Behavior
- Small Business Management
- Operations Management
- Business Strategy & Policy
Online Management Degree General Education Requirements
- Art or Music
- ENG 111 Composition I
- PSY/SOC/PSI - 6 hrs from 2 of 3 areas
- MTH 105 Intermediate Algebra
- HPE 158 Health and Wellness
- BIO 101 Introductory Biology with Lab
- CSI 120 Computing Concepts and Apps.
- ENG 112 Composition II
- HIS 262 US History Since 1865
- Philosophy or Religion
- MTH 310 Statistics
- SPC 310 Bus & Professional Presentations
- SCE 205 Earth and Astronomical Science
Evaluation of Transfer Credit
McKendree University gives careful consideration to your previous coursework and will transfer in as many credits as possible. Courses are individually evaluated to determine which are transferable and what requirements have been met. Transcripts will be evaluated by the Office of Academic Records and the Division Chair of the department.
Official evaluations are completed once you have been admitted to McKendree University. McKendree Online staff can provide you with an unofficial evaluation at your request. Please note the following:
- Only courses with a letter grade of 'C' or better may be accepted in transfer. Pass/fail courses will not be accepted.
- At least 120 credit hours are required for graduation, 30 of which must be from McKendree.
- Up to 90 credit hours may be accepted in transfer from a regionally accredited institution.
- Proficiencies earned at other institutions are not accepted.
Send transcripts to:
701 College Road
Lebanon, IL 62254