The Bachelor of Engineering Information Technology in Project Management (BEIT PM) program is designed to provide students with knowledge and skills to apply business principles and management practices with specialization in project management. Students pursuing this specialization will learn about information technology, knowledge management, information security, and project management.
Emphasis in IT Project Management
- IST 433 Advanced Database Management System
- IST 435 Information Systems Project Management
- IST 439 Enterprise Resource Management
- IST 446 Advanced Internet Security and Threats
- MGT 450 Project Management
- Three Electives 200/300/400
The Bachelor of Engineering Information Technology program requires the completion of 120 units of coursework that include:
General Education Courses BEIT-PM: 33 Units / 11 Courses
General Education Courses BEIT-NSS: 33 Units / 11 Courses
California Intercontinental University uses elements of the Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC) to determine the breadth of requirements for general education courses. In making this determination, courses that are recognized by IGETC that are not offered by California Intercontinental University may be considered for a waiver of certain General Education courses.
In alignment with the Liberal Education and America’s Promise (LEAP) program, students can demonstrate multidisciplinary knowledge through the transfer of courses or students may also elect to fulfil the unit mandate by taking the General Elective Courses or any other undergraduate course offered by CALUNIVERSITY.
Information Technology Core Courses BEIT-PM: 63 Units / 21 Courses
Information Technology Core Courses BEIT-NSS: 72 Units / 24 Courses
Specialization Courses BEIT-PM: 24 Units / 8 Courses including 3 electives 200/300/400
Specialization Courses BEIT-NSS: 15 Units / 5 Courses
In addition to the preliminary admissions requirements, an applicant for the Bachelor’s degree program must submit and meet the following admission prerequisites:
- Official transcript showing the completion of a high school diploma or GED, (with no college-level work). DD 214 documents showing High School completion may be accepted as proof for military students.
- If the applicant has completed some approved postsecondary college work, a sealed copy of his/her official transcripts will be required (no verification of HS completion will be needed in this case)
- The applicant’s college academic record must show a minimum grade point average (GPA) of C (2.0 on a scale of 4.0) or higher
The Bachelor’s Degree is conferred upon those who have fulfilled the following requirements:
- Successfully complete the GE, Required, and Emphasis courses of the appropriate curriculum (or their equivalent) and have fulfilled the minimal required Learning Time for each course and program
- Met the study time residency requirement for degree completion and award
- Achieve at least 2.0 Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) for all courses taken at California Intercontinental University
- Be cleared of all indebtedness and other obligations to California Intercontinental University prior to degree award
- Be recommended for graduation by the Faculty and Academic Department
Program taught in: