Criminals continue to advance their techniques through technology, as well as skate the edge of legal loopholes, taking advantage of non-existent or loosely-defined laws. You’ll find the issues related to criminal justice span the globe, entering the homes and business of its residents in a physical and virtual manner, threatening homeland security, and demanding immediate policy changes to protect the innocent and prosecute the guilty.
The online Cyber Criminology and Policy specialization prepares you to:
- Learn the theory, causation, and victimization relating to economic crimes.
- Learn how crime is a form of deviant behavior, its relation to social values and social structure, types of criminal behavior, theories of treatment and control, correctional methods, and the administration of justice.
- Address terrorism and counterterrorism in global and domestic contexts including the models of terrorism, causes, key events, countermeasures, origins, structure, and activities of terrorism.
- Describe ways of safeguarding and managing America’s National Critical Infrastructures involving key asset identification, threat and vulnerability analysis, risk assessment and management, crisis and consequence management, and related Counter Terrorism technologies.
- Learn defence, government-wide, and non-government information systems including the importance of strategic and contingency planning, systems integration, and information sharing.
- Demonstrate knowledge of public policy making, mechanics of the process, methods of examining policy impacts, and how criminal studies policy can affect and be affected by the research.
- Demonstrate knowledge of collection and analysis of intelligence information from the perspective of national security, law enforcement, and business.
- Learn the evolution of the international political systems, problems of war and peace, diplomacy, nuclear weapons, international economics, international organizations, and international law.
Careers in Cybersecurity Include:
- Security Administrator
- Security Analyst
- Security Architect
- Security Engineer
This school offers programs in:
Last updated May 16, 2018