Enhance your criminal justice career with a degree that addresses the scientific study of the causes, consequences, prevention, and control of crime. The online Criminal Justice and Criminology program offers professionals like you the opportunity to enhance your career through study, analysis, and research in a variety of global and domestic criminological issues. Professors incorporate practical experience into the program for meaningful career development in criminal justice or related fields, as well as preparing graduates for legal and graduate level study.
A criminal justice and criminology degree is for:
- Criminal justice professionals managing personal, professional, and other obligations, who are interested in achieving their degree online for a manageable work/life balance.
- Individuals employed in another area but are interested in pursuing a career in criminal justice or related fields.
- Individuals who have completed some college coursework and seek to transfer into an online program in order to finish their degree.
What you’ll study:
- Constitutional Law & Criminal Procedure
- Juvenile Justice & Delinquency
- Law Enforcement
- Court Systems and Process
- Punishment & Corrections
- Victimology & Advocacy
- Criminal Justice Administration
- Sociological and Criminological Theories
- Research Methods and Quantitative Reasoning
Online program facts
- No specific class or login times – Complete coursework when it’s convenient
- Full-time or Part-time – Flexible options provide a healthier work/life balance
- Accelerated – Most courses are only 5 weeks in length
Potential Career Options
- Police Officer
- FBI Special Agent
- Private Investigator
- Victim-Witness Advocate
To qualify for admission, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be 21 years of age or older (unless approved by Department Chair).
- Possess a GPA of 2.0 or higher.
- If transferring college credit, have the ability to obtain official transcripts from all previously attended institutions.
In order to sign up for online classes at UMO, you must have regular access to the Internet and email, as well as, be familiar with creating, formatting, and attaching Microsoft Word documents.
Tuition & fees:
- $425 per semester-credit hour.
- Active duty military pricing: $200 per semester credit hour
- No Application Fee
- No Technology Fee
- $50 confirmation deposit applied toward tuition
This school offers programs in: