Online Legal Studies Bachelors Degree
The Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Legal Studies prepares students interested in acquiring a comprehensive understanding of the legal system as it relates to the courts and to lawyers. The program covers major topics in legal studies in core courses, after which students can then focus on specific areas of interests through electives. For students who want to become paralegals at law firms, corporate legal departments, government agencies, and non-profit organizations, or to proceed further to legal graduate study, this bachelor program will provide a foundation for their advancement academically and career-wise.
Upon successful completion of the Bachelor of Science in Legal Studies degree program, students will be able to:
- Communicate effectively and apply concepts from a wide variety of legal disciplines, as well as other disciplines such as business, sociology, and communications, to their assigned tasks in a law-related environment.
- Perform legal research and writing tasks using online and in-person library resources for a wide variety of legal problems.
- Edit and refine previously prepared legal documents to accommodate changes in circumstances and changes in the law.
- Exhibit proficiency in writing letters, memoranda, and other communications.
- Prepare and write legal memoranda, motions, and other court documents for review by an attorney.
- Draft interoffice memoranda for the purpose of advising or informing supervising attorneys.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated November 24, 2017