The Bachelor of Science in Management Information Systems (BS MIS) program is designed to provide students with knowledge and skills to apply business principles and management practices with specialization in management information systems. Students pursuing this specialization will learn about designs and enterprise development and applications, management skills for technological organizations, and management decision making.
Programme Competencies and Learning Objectives
Upon Successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate basic skills in programming, databases, operating systems, and networking.
- Determine appropriate approaches, tools, and techniques for the applications in organizational settings.
- Apply software management skills to test product quality.
- Demonstrate the skills to design and develop applications using Relational Databases, Net Development, and Web Programming and Development Tools.
- Demonstrate effective skills in designs and enterprise development and applications using a) Relational Databases, b) Active Server Pages and c) Web Programming and Development Tools.
- Show sensitivity to professional and ethical responsibilities and a respect for diversity.
- Demonstrate management skills necessary for technological organizations.
- Identify the information and systems needed for management decision making in an organizational setting.
- IST 433 Advanced Database Management
- IST 435 Information Systems Project Management
- IST 439 Enterprise Resource Management
- IST 446 Advanced Internet Security and Threats
- IST 450 Project Management
The Bachelor of Business Administration program requires the completion of 120 units of coursework that include:
General Education Courses: 39 Units / 13 Courses
California Intercontinental University uses elements of the Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC) to determine the breadth of requirements for general education courses. In making this determination, courses that are recognized by IGETC that are not offered by California Intercontinental University may be considered for a waiver of certain General Education courses.
General Business Elective Courses:
In alignment with the Liberal Education and America’s Promise (LEAP) program, students can demonstrate multidisciplinary knowledge through transfer of courses or students may also elect to fulfil the unit mandate by taking the General Electives Courses or any other undergraduate course offered by California Intercontinental University
Management Information Systems Core: 66 Units /22 Courses
Specialization Courses: 15 Units / 5 Courses
In addition to the preliminary admissions requirements, an applicant for the Bachelor’s degree program must submit and meet the following admission prerequisites:
- Official transcript showing the completion of a high school diploma or GED, (with no college-level work). DD 214 documents showing High School completion may be accepted as proof for military students.
- If the applicant has completed some approved postsecondary college work, a sealed copy of his/her official transcripts will be required (no verification of HS completion will be needed in this case)
- The applicant’s college academic record must show a minimum grade point average (GPA) of C (2.0 on a scale of 4.0) or higher
The Bachelor’s Degree is conferred upon those who have fulfilled the following requirements:
- Successfully complete the GE, Required, and Emphasis courses of the appropriate curriculum (or their equivalent) and have fulfilled the minimal required Learning Time for each course and program
- Met the study time residency requirement for degree completion and award
- Achieve at least 2.0 Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) for all courses taken at California Intercontinental University
- Be cleared of all indebtedness and other obligations to California Intercontinental University prior to degree award
- Be recommended for graduation by the Faculty and Academic Department
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 15, 2018