CIPFA Certificate in International Public Sector Accounting Standards
Become an IPSAS expert - qualifications in International Public Sector Accounting Standards
CIPFA’s PFM expertise means that we have the knowledge and experience to help develop and interpret the standards, providing relevant qualifications and training to meet the needs of international governments (including local government), state enterprises, transnational organisations and public entities.
CIPFA Certificate in IPSAS (Cert IPSAS)
What the certificate covers
The CIPFA Certificate in IPSAS (Cert IPSAS) provides trainees with a foundation knowledge of some of the published standards, and important related documents. Successful completion of this course will demonstrate knowledge of the basic technical content of IPSAS and the ability to explain how certain events and transactions to public service organisations should be treated.
The Cert IPSAS is suitable for:
- those with knowledge of double-entry book-keeping or basic accounting knowledge
- finance staff
- external auditors
- consultants who only need a basic knowledge of IPSAS
- staff with significant financial responsibilities.
Getting the right training in IPSAS will demonstrate advanced technical knowledge and a strong competence in the key public sector related IPSAS content.
Benefits gained upon successful completion include:
- staff empowered to match the demands of IPSAS by acquiring a greater level of knowledge than that offered by other short courses
- leverage to promote specialist expertise in this technically demanding area
- improved quality and transparency of your financial reporting
- achieving formal recognition from CIPFA, the leading body for global public financial management.
Learning materials consist of a series of online modules with interactive workbooks and practical examples.
The Cert IPSAS has no formal examination and supports learning on the job.
A Certificate of Completion is available at the end of the programme. The Cert IPSAS provides the perfect foundation to progress to the CIPFA Diploma in IPSAS.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 22, 2018