The Applied Project Management Certificate Programme covers A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) Version 6, which serves as the fundamental knowledge base for project management. This fast-paced program satisfies educational requirements for the PMP® and can complete partially or wholly online in as fast as 1 month.
Upon completion, you will satisfy the education requirements to sit for the Project Management Professional® Exam. Recognized domestically and internationally, the PMP® certification sets the standard for excellence in project management.
- Apply fundamental project management principles, theories, and practices, including the basic concepts described in the Project Management Institute's newest release of the PMBOK® Guide
- Practice using the most effective project management tools and techniques to launch, plan, and execute a project
- Identify characteristics of high-performance teams and ways to manage stakeholder expectations
- Develop documentation on simulated projects to gain a deeper understanding of Project Management principles and practices
- Satisfy the education requirements to sit for the PMP® exam
- Earn continuing education credits for professional certifications (PMI® REP number 1043)
- Project Launch
- Project Planning
- Project Execution
- Project Practicum with Multiple Projects
Who Should Attend
Individuals in any discipline who work on projects in either the public or private sector will benefit from coursework, as well as those with 3-5 years work experience who are preparing to pursue career opportunities in the area of project management.
Certificate Eligibility and Requirements
To earn the Applied Project Management Certificate, participants must complete four (4) required courses totaling 12 units (120 hours) of instruction with a grade of “C” or better. To become an official candidate in the program, students pursuing the certificate must submit a Declaration of Candidacy. Students are encouraged to declare candidacy as soon as possible, but no later than after the third course in the program. To receive the certificate after completing all program requirements, students must submit a Request for Certificate. All requirements must be completed within five (5) years after the student enrolls in his/her first course. Students not pursuing a certificate are welcome to take as many individual courses as they wish.
Flexible Course Formats Available
We offer online and on-campus courses to help you achieve your educational, professional and organizational goals. All courses bring you the same comprehensive, in-depth course of study and level of learning. We encourage you to mix and match these formats to help personalize your experience: take online, classroom, accelerated, and compressed courses during the same quarter and reduce the amount of time to certificate completion.
- Kenneth Binnings, EDD, MBA, PMP, Director, Customer Implementation and Migration Office, Sprint
- Timothy Covington, M.S., PMP, Senior Manager – Engineering, The Boeing Company
- Susan Embry-Busch, Senior Vice President of Information Technology, American Health Care
- Kristine Hayes Munson, IT Risk, and Compliance Manager, VP, State Street
- Karen Nguyen, PMP, National Manager, Programme & Technology Integration, Kia Motors America
- Janice Y. Preston, PMP, CPA, Chief Operations Officer, Core Performance Concepts, Inc.
- Tony Roberts, M.S., PMP, Director, Trivista
- Tariq Shaikh, PMP, PMI-OC President
- Marty Wartenberg, MBA, PE, Business Consulting & Training
- Debora Wright Henley, MBA, Manager, Project Management – IT Solutions, Northrop Grumman Corp
On-site Training Available
Our Corporate Training specialists can deliver this program or customize one that fits your organisation’s specific needs. Visit Corporate Training or call (949) 824-1847 for information.
English Proficiency Requirement
All certificate programs at UCI Division of Continuing Education (classroom and online formats) require professional-level English language proficiency in listening and note-taking, reading comprehension and vocabulary, written expression, and oral presentation.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 23, 2018