Modeled after a traditional M.B.A. program, this certificate combines a series of courses that provide a solid foundation in basic business management. It ensures your exposure to those elements essential to success as a manager in the public or private sector. You'll leave this program with the tools necessary to competently and confidently face the demands and challenges of today's business environment.
Employers highly value the knowledge and skills you'll obtain in the areas of finance, human resources, marketing, leadership, international business, and management. As you acquire proficiency in strategic business analysis and develop your management skills, you will see your ability to contribute to your organisation's achievements begin to soar.
Who Should Attend
Newly appointed and prospective managers from sales, marketing, purchasing, finance, and human resources in either public or private industry will benefit from course work in this program.
Occupational summary for administrative services managers in California.
- Jobs: 41,919 (2016)
- Projected Growth: 9.10% (2017-2027)
- Annual Salary: $71k-$129k (25th-75th Percentile)
- Develop or refine your management and leadership skills to enhance your current job performance, increase your opportunities for advancement, and gain greater career flexibility.
- Understand basic financial theories and practices for improved bottom line management.
- Obtain an understanding of the various aspects of marketing.
- Learn techniques for basic business analysis and strategic planning.
- Gain a better understanding of the global marketplace and international competition.
- Explore the fundamentals of human resources management including recruitment, interviewing, appraisal, organizational analysis, and workforce diversity.
- Network with peers and other industry professionals.
- Design and deploy business-centered sustainability plans in multiple, varied work environments.
- Develop strategies for the implementation of new sustainable improvement initiatives.
- Evaluate and report on performance, impact and outcome of activities in the sustainability arena.
- Essentials of Management
- Strategic Pitching, Networking, and Marketing
- Foundations of Human Resources Management
- Finance for Business and Administrators
- Communication in a Diverse and Changing
- Business Ethics and Workplace Politics
Elective Courses (Minimum 3.5 units)
- Modern Business Writing
- Influence, Persuasion & Negotiation
- Mindfulness-Based Strategies in Business
This school offers programs in:
Last updated July 1, 2018