Want to turn your passion for gaming into a viable career? The global video game industry is expected to grow at a CAGR of 4.8% from $71.3 billion in 2015 to $90.1 billion in 2020.
Traditional athletic apparel companies such as Nike, Adidas, and Under Armour are expected to compete for team jersey rights in the coming years and major telecom companies are acquiring gamer-centric programming providers. Also, innovations in video streaming capabilities have arrived just in time for gaming platforms and titles to capitalize on the value of their media rights. As business opportunities flourish, the industry will create demand for professionals with the right mix of training, passion, and knowledge.
Our industry expert instructors will help you:
- Develop an understanding of the history, community, and business of esports and the online gaming industry.
- Plan and execute an esports tournament or event of any scale and scope.
- Improve your communication, problem-solving, and project management skills.
- Create a business plan for a team, community event, or any other opportunity geared towards the esports audience.
Join our mailing list to stay informed about this unique new opportunity.
- Overview of Esports: From LAN Parties to Sports Arenas
- Mark “Garvey” Candella, Director of Strategic Partnerships, Twitch
- Sam Cooper, Vice President, Global Product Management, Activision
- Mark Deppe, Acting Director for Esports, University of California, Irvine
- Peter Krapp, Professor of Film and Media Studies, University of California, Irvine
- Doug Lombardi, VP of Marketing, Valve
- Frank O'Connor, Franchise Development Director, Microsoft
- Jay Puryear, Director of Brand Development, Treyarch
- Adam Rosen, Esports Programme Manager, Blizzard Entertainment
- Tyler Rosen, Esports Programme Manager, Blizzard Entertainment
On-site Training Available
Our Corporate Training specialists can deliver this program or customize one that fits your organisation’s specific needs. Visit Corporate Training or call (949) 824-1847 for information.
English Proficiency Requirement
All certificate programs at UCI Division of Continuing Education (classroom and online formats) require professional-level English language proficiency in listening and note-taking, reading comprehension and vocabulary, written expression, and oral presentation.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 19, 2018