Obtain the knowledge and skills required to successfully fulfil the role of human resources generalist.
Through course work that reflects the most current activities and functions in human resources, this certificate program gives you a comprehensive view of the generalist's role. You'll leave this program with the ability to confidently interface with those in specialty human resources areas and have a positive influence on the HR function within your organisation.
This program is highly regarded by local employers for its "real-world" focus, immediate applicability in the workplace, and most up-to-date information on domestic and international HR practices.
Who Should Attend
Human resources generalists, human resources assistants, trainers, recruiters, staffing specialists, office managers of small to medium size companies, managers who will soon be supervising employees, and individuals seeking a career change.
Occupational summary for human resources managers in the United States.
- Jobs: 134,352 (2016)
- Projected Growth: 10.40% (2017-2027)
- Annual Salary: $81k-$146k (25th-75th Percentile)
- Increase your knowledge of staffing, compensation, employee relations, recruitment, organizational development, training, and benefits.
- Expand your awareness and knowledge of government regulations as they pertain to HR.
- Learn to successfully integrate new technologies in the human resources function.
- Foundations of Human Resources Management (4 units)
- Leading Successful Organizational Change (3 units)*
- Talent Acquisition, Management & Retention (4 units)
- Compensation and Reward Systems (4 units)
- Human Resources and the Law (4 units)
- Introduction to Employee Benefits (4 units)
- Training and Human Resources Development (4 units)
Elective Courses (Choose two)
- Foundations of Leadership (2 units)*
- Conflict Resolution (2 units)*
- Linking HR Strategy to Business Success (3 units)
- Communication in a Diverse and Changing Workplace (2 units)*
- Modern Business Writing (2.5 units)*
- Influence, Persuasion & Negotiation (2.5 units)
- HR Metrics and Analytics (2 units)
- HR Digital Tools & Workplace Trends (1.5 units)
Also of Interest
- aPHR™ Test Preparation (1.5 CEU)
This school offers programs in:
Last updated July 1, 2018