Develop the skills you need to succeed in the rapidly expanding and dynamic field of cybersecurity. By learning the principles of designing, engineering, and managing secure information systems environments, you will help to combat potential cyber-threats and attacks that endanger your organisation's data.
Core topic areas include: access control, application development security, business continuity and disaster recovery planning, cryptography, information security governance and risk management, legal, regulations, investigations and compliance, operations security, physical (environmental) security, security architecture and design, and telecommunications and network security.
This program will help prepare you to sit for the Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP®) exam administered by the International Information Systems Security Certification Consortium, Inc., (ISC)2®.
- Develop key knowledge of information systems security, including access control, administration, audit and monitoring, risk, response, and recovery.
- Implement government and customer-imposed security requirements.
- Learn best practices for business continuity planning in the event of a major disaster or major change in the business.
- Broaden your knowledge to include the implementation of multiple technologies, including client/server, Web, mainframe, and wireless.
- Design, diagnose, implement, manage, and resolve complex computer security threats.
Who Should Enroll
- Security professionals who require CISSP® certification and work on software development and information technology infrastructure teams.
- Security technicians working with Internet service providers, application service providers, systems integrators, and security auditors.
- Business professionals who must combat potential cyber-threats and attacks that endanger their organizations’ data.
- Security professionals and those training to be security professionals who are looking to expand technical skills and who need to maintain a variety of industry certifications.
- Introduction to Information Systems Security
- Secure Systems
- Security Architecture & Design
Elective Courses (minimum 6 units)
- Host and OS Security
- Database Security
- Network Security: Concepts & Technologies
- Introduction to Computer Forensics
- Reverse Engineering
Graduates from UCI Division of Continuing Education's Information Systems Security Certificate program are eligible to transfer credits to the University of Wisconsin-Platteville, Master of Science in Criminal Justice and University of Maryland, Baltimore County (UMBC), Master's in Professional Studies (MPS): Cybersecurity Programs.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated March 6, 2018