Move beyond first generation HTML-based web pages and create interactive, state-of-the-art, web-based applications that support the demands of tomorrow's e-business processes. Gain the knowledge you need to design and implement effective and dynamic websites. Whether you are experienced or relatively new to the field, achieving your Web Design and Development Certificate is a significant advancement in your career development.
- Web Design Track
Prepares you for a career as a professional website designer, including those who are interested in designing the look, layout, and organisation of websites.
- Web Development Track
Prepares you for a career as a professional web developer, including developing functional aspects of websites, database integration, programming, and other server-side components.
You may mix courses from both tracks for certificate completion.
- Design, implement, publish, and maintain websites, using authoring or scripting languages, content creation tools, management tools and digital media.
- Learn how to clearly organise a consistent and functional website from both a user and business perspective.
- Evaluate scripting code to ensure that it is valid, properly structured, meets industry standards and is compatible with browsers, devices or operating systems.
- Develop or validate test routines and schedules to ensure that test cases mimic external interfaces and address all browser and device types.
- Construct, extract, transform, and present database resident content directly into a web delivery mechanism.
Who Should Enroll
- Individuals interested in entering into the web design field
- Individuals interested in building and maintaining their own websites
- Graphic designers, multimedia designers, and marketing professionals who want to increase their expertise in the area of web design
- Those already working in the field who want to keep up with this rapidly changing industry
- Web Development with HTML
- Internet Systems Architecture
- Website Project Management
- Website Design and Development Capstone Course
English Proficiency Requirement
All certificate programs at UCI Division of Continuing Education (classroom and online formats) require professional-level English language proficiency in listening and note-taking, reading comprehension and vocabulary, written expression, and oral presentation.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated March 6, 2018