What’s the focus of this course?
Simplilearn’s Active Directory Services with Windows Server course imparts in-depth understanding and practical exposure on instruction and practice administering Active Directory technologies in Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2.
You will develop practical skills to manage and provide secured data access and information, as well as deploy and manage your identity infrastructure. You will also learn to configure various features in Active Directory such as Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS), Group Policy, Dynamic Access Control (DAC), Work Folders, Workplace Join, Certificate Services, and Rights Management Services (RMS), as well as integration of Windows Azure Active Directory.
What are the course objectives?
This course will enable you to:
- Understand the various access and information protection solutions in business, with Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2012 R2 and Microsoft Forefront Manager 2010 R2
- Implement and administer AD DS using various tools in Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2
- Understand the importance of securing AD DS , learn to implement passwords, account lockout policies, and audit authentication
- Configure and monitor AD DS replication
- Describe, implement, and administer GPOs and troubleshoot applications for GPOs
- Manage user settings and user desktops with Group Policy
- Deploy, administer, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot Certificate authorities
- Deploy and use Certificates
- Understand AD RMS, learn to deploy and manage AD RMS infrastructure, learn AD RMS content protection, and configure external access to AD RMS
- Implement and administer AD FS
- Implement Secured share file access using Direct Access Control, Work Folders, and Workplace join
- Monitoring, managing, and recovering AD DS
- Implement Windows Azure Active Directory
- Implement and administer AD Lightweight Directory Services
This course is best suited for IT professionals with Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) experience and are looking for a training resource that can further enhance their expertise in access and information protection technologies in Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2. The course is suitable for:
- AD DS Administrators who are looking to further enhance skills in the latest access and information protection technologies with Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2.
- System or infrastructure administrators with general AD DS experience
- IT professionals who understand the fundamentals of Windows Server
Exam & certification
What are the prerequisites for the certification?
Ideally, the candidate should have:
- Practical understanding of Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS)
- Practical understanding of Windows Server Infrastructure enterprise environment
- Practical understanding of troubleshooting core networking infrastructure technologies such as name resolution, IP addressing, Domain Name System (DNS), and Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP)
- Practical understanding of Hyper-V and server virtualization concepts
- An awareness and understanding of general security best practices
- Hands on experience with Windows client operating systems such as Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated September 17, 2017