What are the objectives of this course?
By completing this course you will master the advanced principles of management accounting and equip yourself with the know how to make long-term strategic financial decisions.
E3 – Strategic Management
- Students will learn how to formulate and implement a long-term strategy, creating the vision for long-term, sustainable success. This involves:
- Defining the corporate mission, objectives and stakeholders, and performing a Position Audit and Corporate Appraisal.
- Including Corporate Governance, Corporate Social Responsibility and Ethics into the business strategy.
- Implementing Change Management processes, and using Strategic Performance Measurement to assess success.
P3 – Risk Management
- Students will learn how to identify and mitigate risks that place the long-term strategy in jeopardy, using proven techniques, processes and internal control systems to inform cash flow and capital investment decisions:
- Implementing management control systems to better utilise human resources, and to provide a framework against which to review.
- Auditing internal processes and computer systems.
- Managing financial risk including foreign exchange rate fluctuations and interest rate changes.
F3 – Financial Strategy
- Finally, delegates will look at aligning financial strategy with wider business goals, and develop the competencies required to value investment opportunities including the valuation of corporate entities for mergers, acquisitions and divestments:
- Planning, forecasting and hedge accounting to better manage corporate finances.
- Calculating the cost of capital and capital structures, and the capital asset pricing model (CAPM).
- Performing an accurate business valuation.
- Carrying out corporate reorganisation as part of a merger or consolidation.
- Properly discounting foreign cash flows.
Who is it intended for?
This course will benefit senior finance professionals who want to improve their understanding of long-term management accounting principles. It would also benefit experienced finance professionals who want to earn a globally recognised management accounting qualification and help define their business strategy.
Students will need to have first attained the CIMA Operational and Management Level qualifications before they can achieve CIMA Professional status.
What marks this course apart?
As a qualified finance manager, you can expect to earn a salary around £37K with further prospects leading to Financial Controller, Finance Director, and Finance Manager.
What happens after requesting information?
Once you have enquired you will be contacted by one of our specialist careers advisors who will be able to provide you with any further information you require.
Program taught in: