The CIW Web Design Specialist course is for the individual who wants to develop the skills necessary to specialise in Web site design. In this course, you will build upon your basic Web authoring skills to learn the essentials and best practices of Web design, including design theory, tools and technologies.
Target audience: Web authors, marketing and communications professionals, PR professionals, Webmasters, graphic designers, desktop designers, technical writers, and library scientists.
- Qualification: CIW (Certified Internet Webmaster) Web Design Specialist
- Accredited: Yes
- QCF Recognised: Yes at level 4
- Awarding Body: CIW
- Start Date: Anytime - We enrol 365 days a year
- Duration: Flexible - Approx 140 Hours - 12 Months Max Support
- Credit Value: 20
Unit 1: Be able to manage the elements of a website
- Manage the website design process
- Maintain the website production process
- Maintain the ethics of a website
Unit 2: Be able to evaluate a website
- Implement site design and layout techniques
- Critically review site design and usability
- Implement X/HTML in accordance with current stand
Unit 3: Be able to enhance website structure
- Implement X/HTML in accordance with current standards
- Enhance a website with X/HTML
- Implement a range of images in a site
- Implement site GUI elements
- Manage the server implementation of the website
Unit 4: Be able to manage the client/server side of technologies
- Implement rich media technologies on a website
- Manage client and server-side scripting
- Manage database integration
- Manage search engine optimisation
- Manage RSS feeds and syndication
Students looking to enrol in this course should meet the following criteria:
- Be aged 16 Years or above
- Possess a solid knowledge of the English language
- Have access to a PC and the internet for the duration of the whole course
- Students taking this course need a basic understanding of Internet functionality and tools, and X/HTML
Students who do not have the above should consider our CIW Foundations Associate course.
Course duration will vary dependant on student commitment, effort and ability. Overall guided learning hours are approx 140. This should be used as a guideline only and completion times will vary hugely.
We would encourage students to seriously consider how they plan to complete their chosen course prior to enrolment. Students should think about how they are going to study, where they are going to study and how often. Be realistic!
Speak to family members and help them to understand what you are trying to achieve, explain you may require peace and space to study at certain times. The more you involve them the more likely you are to get them on your side.
Students are reminded that the time in which they complete is purely down to them as an individual. Completion can be as quickly or as slowly as you wish within the 12 month support period. Please note: CIW does not provide students with additional time to complete. Extensions are not available for this course.
Students are able to complete their course purely online through the CIW student portal. This will be accompanied by course lessons issued in PDF format (Ebook). PDF is not printable
If you prefer you can choose to receive a hard copy of the course lessons/books via the post at an additional cost. Contact us for details.
Students can expect to receive access to the CIW portal via email within 3 working days of enrolment being received.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 13, 2018