What are the objectives of this course?
From a basic introduction to common computer components through to advanced techniques in maintaining security and performance of a desktop PC, students will have a good understanding of common PC issues and how to resolve them.
- The basic principles and use of operating systems like Microsoft Windows.
- Managing software and file types.
- Understanding computer peripherals and common ports and connectors used by modern PC hardware.
- Identifying and protecting against basic security threats and surfing the web safely.
- Building and configuring a basic network and sharing data with other network users.
- The basic use of a computer workstation, operating system and software.
- Simple troubleshooting techniques and safety techniques.
Who is it intended for?
The course is ideal for Junior IT technicians who need to develop their knowledge of computer basics or anyone who would like to improve their knowledge to move into the IT industry and study towards industry-approved qualifications.
There are no pre-requisites for this course.
What marks this course apart?
Once you have taken the IT fundamentals course you will be able to go onto further IT study – such as A+, Network+ or Security+ depending on your desired role in the industry. That would prepare you for most roles in IT such as system administrator, network engineer and support technician.
What happens after requesting information?
Once you have enquired you will be contacted by one of our specialist careers advisors who will be able to provide you with any further information you require.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated September 16, 2017