Understand the potential of new technology in managing cancer
Recent advances in cancer treatment and management have lead to people with cancer living longer than ever before; now healthcare must begin to consider how to help people with cancer live healthily.
On this course, you will explore and discuss how new digital health technologies, like wearables, social media, and home sensors, are starting to transform the management of cancer. There are hundreds of apps for people living with cancer, are they helpful? Can wearable devices promote healthier lifestyles in patients with cancer? It’s time to find out.
What topics will you cover?
- Digital health technologies
- Patient advocacy
- Mind-Body Connections
- Gamification for Health Promotion in patients with cancer
- Wearable technologies
In cooperation with the researchers of the European Project CATCH, this online course will cover all those topics.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you'll be able to...
- Identify the real problems encountered by patients with cancer.
- Explore new technologies for the management of patients living with cancer.
- Evaluate devices, clinical trials or qualitative studies in digital health for cancer.
- Engage better digital health innovations.
Who is the course for?
This course has been created for healthcare professionals looking to increase their knowledge of managing cancer.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 12, 2018