This free online course will help anyone working with young people aged 5-19 to engage them in learning through simple filmmaking and animation. You’ll discover how film and animation can be used as powerful tools for encouraging active learning and enabling pupils to establish strong connections with any area of the curriculum.
Try filmmaking and animation in the classroom
During the course, you will:
- learn how even simple equipment can be used to produce high-quality short films in the classroom;
- apply this knowledge to the classroom, creating films that help raise attainment;
- discover a range of top tips to help you hone your filmmaking skills;
- learn how to produce simple films and animations with your students;
- and learn how to use this creative art form as an assessment tool.
Learn with Into Film - the film education charity
The course has been developed by Into Film – one of the biggest educational charities in the UK – which works with schools to deliver free training, resources, and after-school film clubs.
Filmmaking and Animation in the Classroom build on Into Film’s successful Teaching Literacy Through Film course, developed in collaboration with the British Film Institute (BFI).
What topics will you cover?
- Explore how to make simple films and animations with pupils
- Consider how to use filmmaking as a tool for assessment
- Learn how to evaluate the filmmaking process ensuring progression
- Devise a range of filmmaking briefs that can ensure filmmaking projects are curricular focused
- Plan how to run in class filmmaking projects efficiently
- Learn how to use a range of filmmaking software
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you'll be able to...
- Assess pupil's learning through filmmaking and animation
- Develop own and pupil's filmmaking skills
- Produce a range of curricular focused short films and animations
- Explore filmmaking frameworks for use in class with pupils
- Evaluate own and peer made short films to encourage progression
- Design in-class filmmaking projects
Who is the course for?
Filmmaking and Animation in the Classroom are open to anyone who works with young people, aged 5 to 19, who would like to enrich their learning through the creation of films and animations.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 17, 2018