This on-demand course (OPEN, can be taken at any time), taught in Spanish by the Autonomous University of Barcelona and the Crisis Center in Barcelona, is designed to train in the application of psychological first aid (PAP) to affected people For highly stressful situations, covering both daily emergencies (statistically frequent critical incidents that very strongly affect: traffic accident, hospitalization, aggression or the traumatic or sudden death of a person, etc.) such as community emergencies and / or (Infrequent events, which affect many people or an entire community and which far exceed what usually happens in it: a natural catastrophe, a railway or air accident or an attack).
- General population, including specific protocols for children, adolescents, the elderly and mentally handicapped.
- Professionals working in health, education and social contexts.
- Responsible for programs to help children, the elderly, multi-problem groups and disabled. Local governments, religious leaders, security forces students are preparing to pursue all these professions.
- Recommended for volunteers who collaborate in helping groups who have suffered from acute and traumatic emotional stress, such as patient associations, self-help groups, NGOs, etc.
- Acquire the skills to apply psychological first aid to individuals, families and communities after a stressful day or community event.
- Being able to prepare different scenarios to be used as a place of reception of affected and family and for the application of psychological first aid.
- Train in the application of the deactivation and recovery protocols of the participants who have been participating in the management of an emergency.
NOTE ON SUBTITLES: English subtitles are available only for some course videos, whose recording language is English. These are also offered in Spanish. For all other videos, subtitles are offered in Spanish.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated August 4, 2017