What’s the focus of this course?
Simplilearn’s Windows Server® Infrastructure Fundamentals course imparts in-depth understanding of the various facets of Windows Server technologies like networking, security, and system administration that enable participants to implement a Windows Server infrastructure.
What are the course objectives?
This course will enable you to:
- Understand the various components of Windows server components and architecture
- Learn to install Windows Server 12 and configure services, devices, and device drivers
- Identify suitable storage and manage it within Windows Server.
- Implement disk fault tolerance.
- Define and connect various networks (LAN, WAN, and wireless) to the internet
- Describe industry standard protocol, wiring methodologies and standards, adapters, hubs, switches, and routing technologies
- Implement TCP/IP and understand the IPv4 and IPv6 addressing
- Implement AD DS, organizational units (OUs), and configure client computers centrally using GPOs
- Implement IT security layers, security in Windows Server, network security and software security
- Monitor server performance, use event logging, measure system resource usage, and identify component bottlenecks
- Troubleshoot Windows Server boot process and implement an appropriate troubleshooting methodology to resolve problems with Windows Server
The course is best suited for people looking to start their career in IT and Windows Server technologies.
Exam & certification
What are the prerequisites for the certification?
Ideally, participants should have:
- General understanding of computing concepts
- Experience working with Windows Client operating systems such as Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10
This school offers programs in:
Last updated September 16, 2017