What are the objectives of this course?
This course consists of 3 online assessments, which focus on practical bookkeeping skills as well as theoretical knowledge.
- Learn the fundamental principles of single and double entry bookkeeping and gain an understanding of how to apply these skills when working with a manual or computerised bookkeeping system.
- Learn how to set up a computerised bookkeeping system with any organisation.
- How to correctly enter financial transactions.
- How to produce accurate and up to date reports.
- How to apply posting from books of prime entry, transfer postings from source documents to ledger accounts and how to produce an initial trial balance.
Who is it intended for?
This course is vital for anyone who is at the start of their bookkeeping journey, or for small business owners looking to take control of their own books.
There are no pre-requisites for the course. However, we recommend that you possess a basic understanding of numeracy.
What marks this course apart?
Candidates who successfully complete the 3 assessments gain the Level II Certificate in Bookkeeping (B1, B2, B3), are able to seek the position of Assistant Bookkeeper and are able to join the ICB at an Affiliate level.
What happens after requesting information?
Once you have enquired you will be contacted by one of our specialist careers advisors who will be able to provide you with any further information you require.
Program taught in: