What are the objectives of this course?
The ITIL® Foundation course provides students with comprehensive first-level training guaranteeing them a good understanding of ITIL® principles and how they can be applied to improve and formalize IT service operations.
- The service management lifecycle and the key stages used to manage service requests
- Defining a service strategy that meets the needs of all users of the IT service
- Implementing a service that supports the strategy
- Building intermediate delivery services that maintain standards during the transition period
- The operations required to maintain customers expected levels of service and transition
- Building a continual service improvement plan that keeps raising standards and customer satisfaction levels.
Who is it intended for?
The ITIL® Foundation course is ideal for project managers, service managers or anyone who is in or is looking to get into first-line support or an IT engineering role.
There are no pre-requisites to sit the ITIL® Foundation but the Foundation is a minimum requirement before moving on to either of the intermediate tracks.
What marks this course apart?
Once the Foundation Certification has been achieved then you will be able to function as a service manager or a member of a first-line support team averaging a salary of £23,000. After taking the Foundation course you can also venture further into the ITIL® framework through the Intermediate modules. The course counts as two credits towards the 17 needed to progress to Managing Across the Lifecycle.
What happens after requesting information?
Once you have enquired you will be contacted by one of our specialist careers advisors who will be able to provide you with any further information you require.
Program taught in: