What are the objectives of this course?
The ITIL® Operational Support and Analysis course will help students to master the principles included to better analyse and implement operations to meet the business needs of their service users, without negatively affecting other business matters.
- Planning and executing a cycle of actions to handle system and organisation events.
- Using pre-planned responses to service incidents with a view to minimising negative effects and delivering satisfactory outcomes.
- An access management process that protects internal data security.
- How to meet the demands of service users without compromising other operations and delivering outcomes according to agreed service levels.
- Service desk management tools and techniques used to record incidents, requests and events and to agree on suitable service level agreements.
- The functions and roles required to build a robust operational support and analysis service and to support each of the previously defined processes.
- The use of technology to help improve and underpin OSA frameworks and processes.
Who is it intended for?
The course is for anyone who has the ITIL® Foundation Qualification and wants to further their understanding of the ITIL® framework. The course is ideal for IT professionals who are responsible for configuration management, operations and availability. Roles that would typically fall under this category would be configuration managers, IT operations managers or availability managers.
In order to take the Operational Support and Analysis exam, you must have passed the ITIL® Foundation Examination. There are no pre-requisites to take the course but we recommend you have a good knowledge of service management and have taken the ITIL® Foundation course.
What marks this course apart?
Once the Operational Support and Analysis exam have been passed you will be able to work reliably in roles including database administrator, network support, configuration manager and availability manager. The course counts as four of the necessary 17 credits to move onto Managing Across the Lifecycle course which leads to the title of “ITIL® Expert”.
What happens after requesting information?
Once you have enquired you will be contacted by one of our specialist careers advisors who will be able to provide you with any further information you require.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 19, 2018