What are the objectives of this course?
Planning, Protection & Optimisation
- How to plan and provide sufficient capacity to support the changing needs of a business.
- How to specify and implement high availability systems to maintain service quality at all times.
- Using IT service continuity principles to maintain the quality of service as systems and frameworks transition.
- How to build frameworks and systems that help support demand management.
Service Offerings and Agreements
- Capturing user needs and defining services to match.
- Tracking and publicising services on offer to users and stakeholders.
- Negotiating and defining service level agreements and assigning roles and responsibilities to ensure they are maintained.
- Monitoring service usage and assigning resources as and when required to maintain SLAs.
- Integrating third parties into service provision and defining processes that maintain SLAs and service quality.
- Defining the business value of formalised IT operations and using insights gained for better budgeting.
- Collecting service user feedback and resolving complaints to raise satisfaction levels.
- Defining the human resources required to deliver services and assigning roles and duties to maintain standards.
- Specifying and implementing technologies required to assist with service provision.
Release, Control & Validation
- Using transition planning and support to develop simplify the process of moving to new processes and systems.
- Using change management techniques and technology to record system/service changes to gauge effectiveness and provide a rollback reference if required.
- Release and deploy management techniques to assist with incremental system updates.
- Change evaluation guidelines that help assess the impact of new system changes.
- Service Asset & Configuration Management (SACM), providing a centralised repository for the capture of system changes.
- Delivering the changes demanded by service users and other factors.
- Service validation and testing routines to verify that frameworks and policies are working as expected.
- Knowledge management techniques and technology to ensure that valuable lessons are captured and shared with other key stakeholders.
Operational Support & Analysis
- Planning and executing a cycle of actions to handle system and organisation events.
- Using pre-planned responses to service incidents with a view to minimising negative effects and delivering satisfactory outcomes.
- An access management process that protects internal data security.
- How to meet the demands of service users without compromising other operations and delivering outcomes according to agreed service levels.
- Service desk management tools and techniques used to record incidents, requests and events and to agree on suitable service level agreements.
- The functions and roles required to build a robust operational support and analysis service and to support each of the previously defined processes.
- The use of technology to help improve and underpin OSA frameworks and processes.
Who is it intended for?
Anyone who holds the ITIL® Foundation Certification and needs to get an understanding or set of qualification that shows their full understanding of the Service Capability track on their way to getting the MALC. The Service Capability program is usually undertaken by IT professionals, business managers and business process owners involved in demand management, service level management and financial management roles on a day-to-day basis.
In order to sit the examinations in this package, students must have completed their ITIL® Foundation Examination and passed it.
What marks this course apart?
Upon completion of this package, students will have a complete understanding of the ITIL® Service Capability modules. Once the examinations for each course have been passed the student will be able to take the Managing Across the Lifecycle course. They will also be able to function in a plethora of service management, IT and analyst roles earning an average salary of £45,000.
What happens after requesting information?
Once you have enquired you will be contacted by one of our specialist careers advisors who will be able to provide you with any further information you require.
Program taught in: