What are the objectives of this course?
Focusing on the service delivery components of the ITIL® framework, the ITIL® SD course will introduce students to the concepts behind service delivery and give them the skills and knowledge they need to build and deploy IT service that fulfills genuine business needs.
- The ITIL® interpretation of service design and how those services fit into the rest of the ITIL® library.
- The best practice principles behind designing a service that supports other elements of the ITIL® framework and meets business needs.
- The processes that need to be included with any new service design including SLA’s, event triggers and the challenges and risks that need to be addressed before deployment.
- Using technology to assist with IT service design and delivery.
- Roles, responsibilities and human resources required to properly manage a service delivery process.
- Implementing a new service delivery process and how to assess a performance and ROI.
Who is it intended for?
The course is for IT operations managers, service desk managers, consultants and professionals who are involved in service delivery. Upon completion, they will be able to raise the quality and efficiency of their offering.
In order to take the SD exam, you must have passed the ITIL® Foundation Examination. There are no pre-requisites to take the course but we recommend you have a good knowledge of service management and have taken the ITIL® Foundation course.
What marks this course apart?
Once you have passed the SD exam you will be able to function in roles such as a Service Design Manager, Service Owner, Technical Analyst and Enterprise Architect. The course counts as three of the necessary 17 credits to move onto Managing Across the Lifecycle course which leads to the title of “ITIL® Expert”.
What happens after requesting information?
Once you have enquired you will be contacted by one of our specialist careers advisors who will be able to provide you with any further information you require.
Program taught in: