What are the objectives of this course?
The ITIL® Intermediate Service Operation certification demonstrates a full working knowledge of ITIL® Service Operation principles and processes, along with how they fit into the wider ITIL® framework to fulfil business needs.
- The factors that explain why systems and services are delivered in the way that they are and the value they provide to the business.
- The way by which IT services are organised and delivered, such as event management and using incident management to restore services quickly.
- Monitoring and control of IT operations to deliver the required services and to deliver corrective action when required.
- Management of the technology infrastructure in such a way that IT becomes an asset for service delivery.
- Implementing a service desk and supporting structures to capture incidents and institute the remedial actions required.
- Identifying challenges and critical success factors and creating plans that ensure they are all addressed according to ITIL® standards.
Who is it intended for?
The course is for IT operations managers, service desk managers or anyone who has ITIL® Foundation and is looking to enhance their understanding of the ITIL® framework at the Intermediate level.
In order to take the Service Operation exam, you must have passed the ITIL® Foundation Examination. There are no pre-requisites to take the course but we recommend you have a good knowledge of service management and have taken the ITIL® Foundation course.
What marks this course apart?
Once the Service Operation exam has been passed you will be able to function as an operations manager, service delivery manager and a facilities manager. The course counts as three of the necessary 17 credits to move onto Managing Across the Lifecycle course which leads to the title of “ITIL® Expert”.
What happens after requesting information?
Once you have enquired you will be contacted by one of our specialist careers advisors who will be able to provide you with any further information you require.
Program taught in: