Are you planning to visit the Netherlands? This free online course is perfect if you have little or no knowledge of Dutch but would like to master the fundamentals.
The course will help you to:
- introduce yourself,
- talk about your family, friends, work, and study,
- experience life in the Netherlands.
- During the course, you will learn Dutch phrases, vocabulary, and grammar.
You will learn familiar words and phrases about yourself and your family. You will learn to use simple sentences about everyday activities. And you will be able to write short texts.
Get a taste of Dutch? Join the course now!
What topics will you cover?
- Reading and listening to dialogues about work, study, hobbies, eating, drinking, living, weather and the time
- Understanding the grammar around the conjugation of verbs, word order, personal pronouns, adjectives, modal verbs and making questions
- Writing and speaking assignments including introducing oneself and speaking about eating and living
- Introduction to Dutch culture
What will you achieve?
- Apply basic Dutch vocabulary and grammar in a range of everyday situations
- Produce short written statements in Dutch about everyday life
- Discuss simple concepts, situations, and needs in Dutch
Who is the course for?
This course is aimed at people with no prior knowledge of the Dutch language, who have a strong interest in learning languages. It will give you a taste of language skills that will help you to survive in Dutch-speaking countries. The main focus will be on receptive skills like reading and listening. It will be taught in English.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 17, 2018