How can we create a more sustainable future?
As extreme weather events continue to hit the headlines, it is clear that environmental issues are on the rise across the globe.
Get an introduction to sustainable development, and find out what we can do to help our environment, with this online course from Deakin University.
You’ll explore the different ways in which sustainable development can be understood, and examine the true impact of human activity on our planet.
You’ll find out about recent actions that have been taken to achieve sustainable development and the solutions that we may need to implement in the future.
What topics will you cover?
- diverse understandings of sustainability and development
- changing planetary conditions and the growing human population
- what the future might look like, and the potential for technology to save us
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you'll be able to...
- Critically review diverse perspectives on sustainable development
- Investigate how interactions between human development and environmental life support systems are/have been managed in real-world cases
- Identify the characteristics and be able to differentiate between development, sustainability, and sustainable development
Who is the course for?
This course is aimed at anyone interested in social and environmental issues, but may be of particular interest to those looking to enter, or currently working in the field of international and community development.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 17, 2018