What are the objectives of this course?
Students can expect a full working knowledge of the Windows Server 2012 platform, then the advanced topics will enable students to design and build a robust, secure server infrastructure. The course includes 12 months unlimited access to Live Labs. This dedicated learning resource allows students to recreate course scenarios and practice techniques to extend both their technical knowledge and experience.
The course has five modules in this all-inclusive training package. Once completed, students will fully understand the concepts behind Microsoft Windows Server 2012:
Microsoft 70-410: Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012, students will learn:
- How to install and configure Server 2012 including basic hardware and permissions configuration.
- How to configure key OS services including file sharing, print serving and networking roles.
- Create Active Directory users and computers and the Group Policy Objects (GPOs) required to manage a corporate network.
- Use built-in security tools to restrict access to data, applications and other key network resources.
Microsoft 70-411: Administering Windows Server 2012:
- Simplifying server and patch deployment using images.
- Improving data security and access using Distributed File Systems (DFS), File Server Resource Manager (FRSM), file and disk encryption.
- Monitoring and auditing servers to identify and resolve potential problems.
- Networking concepts including VPNs, Network Policy Server (NPS) and policies, Network Access Protection (NAP).
- Managing the wider network efficiently with Domain Controllers, service authentication, Active Directory, account policies and GPOs.
Microsoft 70-412: Configuring Advanced Windows Server 2012 Services:
- How and why to configure Network Load Balancing (NLB) and failover clustering for maximum resource availability.
- Installing and managing Windows Server 2012 in a Virtual Machine (VM) environment.
- Managing storage and backups, server recovery and disaster recovery scenarios.
- Advanced network management using DHCP, DNS, IPAM and Active Directory domains, forests trusts and sites.
Microsoft 70-413: Designing and Implementing a Server Infrastructure
- Carrying out server upgrades and migrations and building the infrastructure required for rapid deployment of future server resources.
- Building a secure corporate network using Active Directory services and Group Policy Objects to restrict network access, share files and manage storage.
- Design and maintain the network infrastructure required to support an enterprise-class network including domain infrastructure, name resolution, IP configuration and address management. Microsoft 70-414: Implementing an Advanced Server Infrastructure
- The planning, build, deployment and management of virtual machines using System Centre 2012 in a specially designed enterprise datacentre.
- Using Information Rights Management (IRM), Identity Federation and Public Key Infrastructure to create additional layers of security for corporate network resources.
- Designing a high-availability infrastructure and accompanying business continuity strategy to reduce downtime in the event of a local disaster.
Who is it intended for?
The MCSE Server Infrastructure course is perfectly suited to IT professionals who need to sharpen their server and data centre management skills while working towards an industry recognised certification.
There are no pre-requisites for this course.
What marks this course apart?
IT professionals with the MCSE Server Infrastructure 2012 qualification can function in roles such as support specialist, server engineer and infrastructure analyst.
What happens after requesting information?
Once you have enquired you will be contacted by one of our specialist careers advisors who will be able to provide you with any further information you require.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 22, 2018