What are the objectives of this course?
The course is split into two modules (10747D and 10748C) and will give you all the knowledge you need to pass the Microsoft 70-243 examination. Taking you through day-to-day management tasks for System Centre 2012 R2 Configuration Manager, you will also learn how to migrate from System Centre 2012 Configuration Manager to System Centre 2012 R2 Configuration Manager. Live Labs are included in this package and are seen as an essential learning resource for students as it allows them to test their knowledge and skills in practice exercises and environments without the need to invest in a costly test lab of their own.
Microsoft 70-243 TS: Administering and Deploying System Centre 2012 Configuration Manager:
- Describe the System Centre 2012 R2 Configuration Manager Infrastructure.
- Plan and Deploy a Stand-Alone Primary Site.
- Plan and Configure Role-Based Administration.
- Plan and Deploy a Multiple Site Hierarchy.
- Replicate and Manage Content in Configuration Manager.
- Plan Resource Discovery and Client Deployment.
- Configure Internet and Cloud-based Client Management.
- Maintain and Monitor System Centre 2012 R2 Configuration Manager.
- Migrate to System Centre 2012 R2 Configuration Manager
- Overview of System Centre 2012 R2 Configuration Manager.
- Discovering and Organising Resources.
- Managing the Configuration Manager Client Agent.
- Managing Inventory and Software Metering.
- Querying and Reporting Data
- Managing Software Distribution and Deployment by Using Packages and Programs
- Creating and Deploying Applications
- Deploying Additional Application Types
- Deploying and Managing Software Updates
- Implementing Endpoint Protection by Using System Centre 2012 R2 Configuration Manager
- Managing Compliance Settings and Profiles
- Mobile Device Management Using System Centre 2012 R2 Configuration Manager
- Configuring Wake On LAN, Power Management and Remote Control
Who is it intended for?
This course is intended for IT professionals who are responsible for configuring and managing endpoints in one or more System Centre 2012 Configuration Manager sites and have one to three years experience in medium to large enterprise organisations.
There are no official pre-requisites for this course but Microsoft recommends Windows Server, security and networking experience in an enterprise environment.
What marks this course apart?
The MCTS – System Centre 2012 qualification ties in with any other Microsoft qualification you might be interested in taking. Once you have completed this course, you will be able to function in roles such as Windows Server administrator, enterprise desktop administrator and exchange administrator.
What happens after requesting information?
Once you have enquired you will be contacted by one of our specialist careers advisors who will be able to provide you with any further information you require.
Program taught in: