What are the objectives of this course?
- Learn the fundamental principles of single and double entry bookkeeping and gain an understanding of how to apply these skills when working with a manual or computerised bookkeeping system.
- Learn how to set up a computerised bookkeeping system with any organisation
- How to correctly enter financial transactions.
- How to produce accurate and up to date reports.
- How to apply posting from books of prime entry, transfer posting from source documents to ledger accounts and how to produce an initial trial balance.
- The importance of adhering to a set of ethical principles.
- How and when it is appropriate to take action in the event of unethical behaviour in the workplace.
- The definition and correct application of specific terms including a business entity, going historical cost, consistent and prudence and accrual.
- The legal requirements and obligations involved in the process of forming a partnership.
- How to understand and competently demonstrate different ways of processing VAT for both EU and non-EU transactions.
- To understand the different types of VAT management systems including the VAT Margin Scheme.
- How to confidently prepare final accounts for most non-incorporated businesses.
- Producing a set of accounts for a limited or incorporated body using information from a set of incomplete records.
- Preparing and interpreting internal management accounts for incorporated businesses/companies/organisations.
- Preparing final accounts for a limited company for internal management purposes.
- Producing draft year-end accounts for limited companies and limited liability partnerships.
- Adjusting the capital share of partners should there be any modifications to the partnership profit sharing ratio.
- Interpreting financial statement by calculating and explaining ratios for profitability and liquidity.
- Become proficient in Sage computerised payroll levels 1 and 2.
- Master all the functions of popular computerised accountancy software Sage 2014.
- Become a proficient user of Microsoft Excel.
Who is it intended for?
This package is for anyone who is looking to master several disciplines and techniques in the bookkeeping and accounting industries.
There are no pre-requisites for this package.
What marks this course apart?
With this package you can become a certified bookkeeper or accountant, fully qualified bookkeepers and accountants can earn an average of £30,000 per year.
What happens after requesting information?
Once you have enquired you will be contacted by one of our specialist careers advisors who will be able to provide you with any further information you require.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 22, 2018