What are the objectives of this course?
This package has been developed to enhance your understanding of bookkeeping and accounting principles up to an intermediate level.
- Learn the fundamental principles of single and double entry bookkeeping and gain an understanding of how to apply these skills when working with a manual or computerised bookkeeping system.
- Learn how to set up a computerised bookkeeping system with any organisation
- How to correctly enter financial transactions.
- How to produce accurate and up to date reports.
- How to apply posting from books of prime entry, transfer posting from source documents to ledger accounts and how to produce an initial trial balance.
- The importance of adhering to a set of ethical principles.
- How and when it is appropriate to take action in the event of unethical behaviour in the workplace.
- The definition and correct application of specific terms including the business entity, going historical cost, consistent and prudence and accrual.
- The legal requirements and obligations involved in the process of forming a partnership.
- How to understand and competently demonstrate different ways of processing VAT for both EU and non-EU transactions.
- To understand the different types of VAT management systems including the VAT Margin Scheme.
- How to confidently prepare final accounts for most non-incorporated businesses.
Who is it intended for?
This package is for anyone who is looking to become globally recognised in the bookkeeping and accounts industry, no matter what level of experience.
There are no pre-requisites for this course.
What marks this course apart?
Upon successful completion, students receive the ICB Associate Level III Certificate in Bookkeeping and Accounts and are subsequently qualified to work unsupervised in the role of employed or self-employed bookkeeper.
What happens after requesting information?
Once you have enquired you will be contacted by one of our specialist careers advisors who will be able to provide you with any further information you require.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 19, 2018