What are the objectives of this course?
Using Agile project management techniques, this course introduces students to the concepts behind formulating a project plan, building the resources required to see the project through to completion and executing the plan.
- The fundamentals of the Agile methodology and how that framework applies to any project.
- Using Agile planning, monitoring, and adoption to build the framework for a project.
- Using Agile estimation techniques to define resources, budget and time for project stages.
- Building the communications channels required to keep stakeholders informed of progress and activity towards goals.
- Applying Agile quality control techniques to ensure the high standard of project deliverables.
- Mastering the skill of negotiation to assist with project progress.
- Applying risk management techniques to minimise problems and challenges encountered during the Agile project lifecycle.
- Building Agile metrics that help accurately measure project progress and value.
Who is it intended for?
The course is an essential one for IT project managers and software developers who want to improve their skills within Agile project management, boost their employment options or who want to improve the quality of their software product.
There are no prerequisites to take the course, in order to take the exam you need to meet the following criteria:
- 2,000 hours of general project experience working on a team. If you currently hold PMP you will satisfy this requirement.
- 1,500 hours working on agile project teams or with Agile methodologies.
- 21 contact hours of training in agile practices (PDU’s)
What marks this course apart?
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to function comfortably in an Agile environment. You will be able to work in roles such as software development manager, product manager, and project manager in software development.
What happens after requesting information?
Once you have enquired you will be contacted by one of our specialist careers advisors who will be able to provide you with any further information you require.
Program taught in: