What’s the focus of this course?
Simplilearn’s Planning and Administering SharePoint 2016 course is designed to impart in-depth knowledge and skills for planning and administering a SharePoint 2016 environment.
What are the course objectives?
This course will enable you to:
- Identify the architecture, capabilities, new, and deprecated features in SharePoint 2016
- Organize and information and plan for discoverability in SharePoint 2016
- Design logical architecture and physical architecture
- Install and configure SharePoint 2016
- Create and configure web applications, site collection, and service applications
- Configure and authorise access to content in SharePoint 2016, including managing users and groups as well as securing content in SharePoint sites
- Configure federated authentication and server-to-server authentication
- Secure SharePoint 2016 deployment
- Manage content types and configure the managed metadata service
- Configure user profile service application and manage profiles and audience
- Configure the My Sites audience
- Configure and manage the enterprise
- Monitor and maintain the SharePoint environment
The course is best suited for candidates looking to extend their expertise in managing, installing, configuring, deploying, and configuring a SharePoint 2016 environment.
Exam & certification
What are the prerequisites for the certification?
Ideally, the candidate should have:
- Prior experience in software management in a Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2012 R2 enterprise server environment
- Prior experience in managing applications natively, virtually, and in the cloud
- Prior experience in Administering IIS
- Prior experience in configuring AD DS
- Prior experience in remote app management using Windows PowerShell 4.0
- Prior experience managing databases and server roles in SQL Server
- Understanding of connecting applications to SQL Server
- Understanding of implementing claims-based security
- Experience in Microsoft Hyper-V virtual machines
This school offers programs in:
Last updated November 20, 2017