A successful business relies on processes and information systems; it is important that an entrepreneur pays close attention to how their business works and how performance can be improved so that they are in a position to take it forward and manage growth. Whether you have an idea for a future venture or you already have a side-line business whilst studying, this course cover efficient business processes to improve productivity.
This course is the fourth in a series of six about ‘starting a business’.
What topics will you cover?
- The importance of business processes: controlling operations and technologies
- Efficient business processes: adapting processes to facilitate business growth
- How to improve productivity to meet increased demand
- Information system types within business
- The business plan: business processes and information systems
What will you achieve?
- Discuss the importance of both business processes and information systems by contributing to the course comments.
- Identify the challenges a business faces when managing growth.
- Evaluate the entrepreneur’s business challenge: How can Sophie increase productivity to meet the demands of sales?
- Identify the business processes in a business plan.
- Investigate where your business is going to operate.
- Assess who is involved in the processes.
- Using your own business idea or a company of your choice, investigate the information and systems required to track business processes.
- Record the skills required to design and run the business processes.
Who is the course for?
This course is part of the ‘Going to University’ collection which has been specifically designed for schools and colleges. The course can be used as a teachers’ classroom enrichment resource or can be studied independently by students.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated November 11, 2017