This online course from the British Council will provide international education agents, school counselors, and consultants with advice on all aspects of UK education. Further information is included around becoming a professional education agent for the UK if relevant for you. It will develop your knowledge of:
- the UK education and training system
- the attractions for students in the UK
- quality assurance systems and how they operate
- student lifestyle issues
- welfare and support for international students
- application processes and entry requirements
What topics will you cover?
- Understanding the benefits of study in the UK
- Learning why students choose the UK
- Defining the skills, knowledge, and responsibilities needed to get students onto the right course
- Understanding how UK institutions support learners
- Exploring the resources available to support agents, counselors, and advisors
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you'll be able to...
- Identify the main aspects of UK education and quality assurance
- Collaborate with and learn from peers by engaging with communities of practice
- Explore key resources for counseling students
- Identify aspects of your professional practice to develop
- Explore key areas of ethical conduct for agents, advisors, and counselors
- Demonstrate understanding of specialist entry applications
Who is the course for?
This course is designed primarily for those counseling students looking to come to the UK to study, including school counselors, education agents and those interested in becoming education agents. Potential students and learners who are interested in coming to the UK to study will also find the course informative and useful. English at level B1 on the CEFR is required.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated November 19, 2017