Investigate leaders and leadership to improve your effectiveness as a leader
In this course over the next two weeks, we look to answer the question: ‘What is leadership?’ In the first week, we explore two fundamental perspectives on leadership: leader as a person and leadership as a practice. In Week 2 we examine the difference between leadership and management so you can determine whether you are a leader in a management role, a leader without a management role, or a manager who needs to become a leader. By exploring sources of power and influence, and how perception shapes behaviour, you will be able to address important issues more effectively.
What topics will you cover?
This thought-provoking course will help to discover more about yourself and others as we explore:
- why leadership is different to management
- what effective leadership is
- what types of power are needed to be a leader
- how you can influence other people at work
- how individual differences shape the way people see leadership
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you'll be able to...
- Explain what leadership means
- Investigate leader role models and what they represent
- Explore how you and others around you use personal power
- Investigate the effect that individual differences have in leadership
- Identify how leadership thinking has changed over the years
Who is the course for?
This course will assist busy professionals who already have management responsibilities and experience but need to expand their knowledge and capabilities in leading organisations.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 18, 2018