Imagine a world without research, where governments carry out policy based on hunches and manufacturers release products without testing.
Research allows us to solve problems on a global scale and make evidence-based decisions.
During this course, you’ll get an introduction to what research is, and why it’s so important to us all. You’ll learn fundamental research concepts, meet leading researchers working on real-world problems, and identify an interesting area for your own research.
What topics will you cover?
- The contribution of research to society
- Introduction to fundamental research concepts, including:
- Evidence-based decision-making
- Research paradigms and approaches
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you'll be able to...
- Identify a potential area of research interest
- Discuss how research helps solve problems
- Explain paradigms and concepts essential to undertaking and understanding research
- Apply a decision-making process based on evidence
Who is the course for?
This course is aimed at anyone interested in research. It may be of particular interest to people who are undertaking a research project related to their profession or area of study.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 17, 2018