Understand the disruptive potential of blockchain in the energy sector
This online course studies the incredibly disruptive potential of blockchain technology in the energy sector. You will look at how blockchain works and start to understand the background, value proposition and geopolitical context that brought it to the centre of everyone’s attention.
The course will offer a clear overview of how and why blockchain will take over the energy sector, optimizing old processes and empowering the customers like never before. This will create a new paradigm, where users can buy and sell energy from and to each other.
What topics will you cover?
- What is blockchain?
- Digital currencies
- The evolution and future of blockchain
- Smart contracts and decentralized applications
- Blockchain in the energy sector: the new paradigm
- P2P energy trading
- Blockchain applied to EV charging
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you'll be able to...
- Describe the characteristics of Blockchain and digital currencies.
- Explore the potential that smart contracts have in different fields.
- Synthesise the value proposition of blockchain for a specific company
- Classify what sectors and in which measure will result heavily affected by blockchain technology
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for anyone who’s interested in learning more about blockchain and/or its role in the energy sector. A technical background or previous knowledge of blockchain is not required.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 24, 2018