We no longer only buy products or experience services in physical spaces. We now often buy in-store and online using a laptop, a phone and even a watch. This course demystifies the omnichannel experience and explores how omnichannel retail and supply chains have changed the production and consumption experience for both enterprises and consumers.
Understand Omni-channel retailing
We trace the evolution of the retail purchase from physical acts or transactions through to multi-channel online purchasing. Today’s technology-driven virtual and physical worlds enable transactions anytime anywhere and to anyone. We will explore how the omnichannel world differs from multichannel retailing, and how businesses can adopt omnichannel approaches to the production of goods and services.
Learn to manage risk and supply chains in Omni-channels
While omnichannel retailing has the potential to deliver unparalleled consumer experience and convenience, it poses a risk for those on the supply side unless they understand the landscape and the demands on traditional marketing and supply chain logistics.
Consider the future of retail
Academics and educators in the fields of supply chain and logistics will lead you to the exciting world of Omni-channels and what it might mean for the future of retail.
What topics will you cover?
- The distinction between Omni-channels and multi-channels to recognise the features, benefits and challenges offered by a new way of buying and selling.
- Evolving modes of interaction between retailers and consumers demonstrating how consumer buying patterns and expectations are changing fast.
- Logistical operations for omnichannel retailers to show how supply chains, particularly warehouse and distribution channels, differ from the traditional approach in the way they must respond to ever-increasing challenges.
- The impact of real-time data on retailers and consumers to recognise how retailers can use this to personalise the shopping experience and increase sales.
- The challenges of last mile delivery to show this link in the supply chain has expanded exponentially and the way new technologies and a range of third-party suppliers are fulfilling ‘anything, anytime, anywhere’ supply.
What will you achieve?
- Explain how Omni-channels have changed consumers’ buying experience and altered the dynamics between suppliers, retailers and consumers
- Assess the issues presented by Omni-channels on contemporary supply chains.
- Explain and apply the key concepts of supply chain management to Omni-channel retailing
- Analyse Omni-channel logistics issues and identify workable solutions for logistics and supply chain problems
- Investigate new technologies to suggest options for last mile delivery
Who is the course for?
This course is aimed at professionals and students in disciplines of operations, finance, marketing, or human resources, who wish to learn more about Omni-channel and the impact on consumers and supply chain.
What software or tools do you need?
To take part in this course, you'll need:
- A computer or laptop, with access to the Internet.
- Computer audio output.
- Adobe Reader; and
- A computer mouse.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 19, 2018