Understand the importance of value-driven process thinking.
Organisations run many business processes. They underpin what gets done, when and how, allowing them to achieve their strategic goals. Do we begin by posing the question: How can we leverage knowledge of business processes to improve organisational performance in this complex, changing the world?
Business processes are around us everywhere and they play a key role in our personal and professional lives. Explore the benefits of systematically managing business processes through business process management (BPM), how this approach differs from related disciplines and the key phases of a BPM project.
What topics will you cover?
- Introduction to the redesign of business processes through the Ford Motor case study.
- Exploration of strategic goals which enable a business to improve its processes.
- Investigation of the value of BPM to support a business to retain its competitive edge.
- Identification of the phases of the BPM lifecycle.
- Assessment of process identification and its role in the BPM lifecycle.
- Explanation of the power of process discovery phase in the BPM lifecycle to capture what work is done, when it will be done and who will do it.
- Introduction to the purposes and techniques of qualitative analysis in business process management.
- Overview of the technique of value-added analysis of a business process.
- Explanation of the technique of quantitative analysis and the three dimensions which inform it - time, cost and quality.
- Analysis of process redesign and the prospects redesign offers an organisation to review how it conducts its business.
- Overview of redesign approaches and the three dimensions which characterise these approaches - transactional vs. transformative, analytical vs. creative and inward-looking vs. outward looking.
- Discovery of how to monitor and control the performance of the redesign process and associated artefacts.
- Overview of BPM and the Internet of Things (IoTs), Web of Open Things (Woots), Business Process Management Everywhere (BPME) and the Social Internet of Things (SIoTs).
What will you achieve?
- Identify a business process problem
- Explain the difference between internal and external values that drive business process management in organisations
- Apply creative thinking approaches and design thinking to process improvement
- Develop strategies for how you can successfully use BPM in your business or workplace
Who is the course for?
The course is designed to provide a short introduction to the BPM lifecycle for beginning business professionals and anyone interested in business process management. There is no special prior experience or knowledge required to join in.
What software or tools do you need?
Everything you need to succeed in this course is provided or can be downloaded for free.
- FREE online course
- Duration: 3 weeks
- 2 hours pw
- Certificates available
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 14, 2018