Young people today face mounting problems which make working with and helping them learn, more important than ever. This course will help improve your experience working with young people. On the course, we’ll use the latest research to investigate the causes of challenging behaviour and look at strategies, helping you build a toolkit to modify behaviour. Ambition School Leadership work with a variety of experts that offer empirical knowledge and learning from within different school settings, meaning their expertise is drawn from both research and people directly working with young people.
What topics will you cover?
- Identifying what your current reality looks like in relation to behaviour management
- Identifying the causes of challenging behaviour
- Approaches to managing and modifying behaviour
- Analysis of cutting-edge academic research to develop knowledge and skills
- Planning for individual and institutional change
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you'll be able to...
- Evaluate your current practice regarding the management and modification of behaviour.
- Reflect upon your current reality and compare it to your ideal situation.
- Explore the latest research about the neurological basis of many behavioural issues.
- Develop a mindset that encourages positive change.
- Produce an effective toolkit to modify behaviour.
- Improve your planning, environment and structures to establish excellent behaviour.
Who is the course for?
This course has been created for all those who work with young people, but it might be of particular interest to teaching assistants, student teachers, NQTs, and middle and senior leaders. To get the most out of the course you should have some experience of working with young people.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 19, 2018